Having worked with a number of tenants over the years, we appreciate just how overwhelming sourcing the right property can be, which is why we are here to help at every stage of the rental process. We have a clear checklist in place that can help any tenant looking to rent a property. This includes the following considerations:
- Is the landlord or letting agent charging fees? A practice which was capped from 1st June 2019
- How long do you want the tenancy for? This can be for a period of six months to seven years
- What can you afford? Most people can afford 35% of their take home pay
- Are you entitled to Housing Benefits or Universal Credit?
- Do you have documents ready, including your credit history, employment status and immigration status?
- Will you need a guarantor?
- Will you need a deposit and is it protected?
- Who is responsible for paying the bills?
- Are there smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors?
At HML Lettings, we are here to ensure the rental process is as smooth as possible and that any tenant entering a legal agreement has a clear understanding of what they are signing and what to expect from their tenancy.